Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Audition

I found a club in my town. Probably not the best idea as the town is like a fishbowl and you see people you know everywhere you go. It was a full-nude, no contact club. I had never even seen the inside of it before I went into audition. Saturday afternoon I got all dressed up, shaved everything, lotion, perfume. I called ahead and asked the manager if I could audition in half an hour, he sounded like sandpaper. He said to bring a swimsuit or lingerie to dance in, so I told him I'd be there. I cautiously turned into the club, making sure no cars I knew were in front of or behind me to see me go there. I parked around back, and stayed in my car for a good 5 minutes convincing myself to go in. Then I crossed the line into the world of stripping, and didn't turn back. It was dark in the club, a girl was on stage wearing 7 inch platform shoes dancing to some hip hop song. The two girls at the door told me to go straight through the employees only door and take a left. I did, and met the manager. He told me that I'd have three songs to audition to, the first song I would dance completely clothed, the second, take off the top, and the third be completely nude. This made me a little nervous, but I knew I could do it. I sat behind the stage and watched the other girls for awhile, and then when my name was called up, went for it. I was so nervous I don't even remember what songs were playing. I made 17 dollars on stage, despite tripping over my g-string taking it off and almost falling out of my amateur 5 and a half inch heels. I went back to the office after my audition and the manager told me I was hired, and that I could either start my first day on day shifts, or go straight to the night shift because my audition was one of the best he had ever seen, considering I had never danced before.

I thanked him, got dressed, and left the building.

No comments: